The 18th Maor-Regiment, formerly 10th Regiment of Uhlans, is one of the premier regiments of the SDF-Army, belonging to the Mobile Forces Command. Seen as an elite light-regiment, the 18th Maor-Regiment is more often on the forefront of battles then the heavier partner-regiment, the 11th.
Current commanding officer of 18 Maor is Colonel Viola Arán of the Tribe of Fermanagh.
10th Regiment of Uhlans (1965-2016)
18th Maor-Regiment (2016-2018)
- See Main-Article: Structure of a Maor-Regiment in 2018.
Operation Spartacus (2018)
After many of the allied contingents, 18th Maor, which had been tasked with a more supporting role, moved out and into Sadera, the 14th Company in the lead. Only seconds after arrival, the SDF received their first losses in the Operation, as a Cruinneachán SPAAG was hit by a stray artillery shell, destroying the lightly armoured vehicle.
While of the 14th Company, the A-, C- and D-Platoons went into combat to support their allied forces, B-Platoon stayed behind by the Gate to secure it.
Following them was I. Squadron with the Staff's Medical, Signals and EW Platoons following.
- Commanding Officer, 18 Maor: Colonel Viola Arán of the Tribe of Fermanagh.
- Chief of Staff, 18 Maor:
- Commanding Officer, I./18 Maor: Lieutenant Colonel Raidri Smig of the Tribe of Antrim.
- Commanding Officer, II./18 Maor: Major Finnegan Sóisialta of the Tribe of Navan.
- Commanding Officer, III./18 Maor: Major Asteria Ciardhubh of the Tribe of Cork.
- Commanding Officer, 14th Company: