The Alqatat Gunsmiths 20mm Gun is a series of light anti-aircraft ordnance and autocannons in use with the Sultan's Navy and the Armies of the Five Deserts since its introduction in 1926 in several versions and mounts.
Gabha Blacksmiths Limited produces these guns in the different versions under license as Gabha G-36 20mm Gun, mounted on several platforms over the years.
- 1 Design
- 2 Versions
- 3 Users
- 4 History
- Alqatat Gunsmiths 20mm Aircraft Gun, several models for arming aircraft.
- Alqatat Gunsmiths Munajil Anti-Material Rifle.
- Alqatat Gunsmiths 20mm Advanced Aircraft Gun, several models for arming aircraft.
- Alqatat Gunsmiths Mudafie CIWS, several models.
- Alqatat Gunsmiths 20mm AA-Gun.
- Alqatat Gunsmiths 20mm Tank Gun.
- Alqatat Gunsmiths 20mm Anti-Tank Rifle.
Gabha Blacksmiths Limited (License Production as Gabha G-36 20mm Gun)
- Alqatat Gunsmiths 20mm AA-Gun: Single, twin and quad-mounts, plus a lighter version for infantry (prototypes only), vehicle mounts
Alqatat Gunsmiths 20mm Aircraft Gun
42kg, 1.8m long, 650-800 rpm, 700-800 m/s muzzle velocity
Alqatat Gunsmiths 20mm Advanced Aircraft Gun
46kg, gas-operated, 1,000 rpm, 1090 m/s muzzle velocity
Alqatat Gunsmiths 20mm Tank Gun
20x138-Series recoil-operated bolt, turreted, 1050 m/s muzzle velocity, used on early light tanks and APCs
Alqatat Gunsmiths 20mm Anti-Tank Rifle
20x138-Series 50kg weight, 2.2 metres long, 1.5 m barrel, gas operated, 10 rounds box magazine, later used as anti-material rifle
- SDF-Navy: Rhiannon-class Light Cruiser (First Service Upgrade), SDY-Greadtóir 15 Craiceáilte Attack-VTOL (prototypes only, 30mm gun installed)
- SDF-Army: Luaith Attack Helicopter, Veilbhit Light Attack Aircraft,
- Light AA-Mounts on Naval Vessels:
- Vehicles: Djinn Universal Combat Platform (Prototypes only),