Its successor, the Alsuyuf IV Main Battle Tank, is expected to enter service in 2025.
Alsuyuf Mark III A came with a lot of features requested by the Armies of the Five Deserts in order to make the tank more suitable for desert environments:
- Tank Infantry Telephone on the outer hall, in its own armoured box.
- Engine-driven mechanical air-conditioning unit to cool the tank without the use of electric current, which could reveal the position of the tank.
- Two remote weapons stations on the turret roof.
- Simplified driving and loading functions.
- Thermal Tarp.
- Wider tracks.
Versions and Variants
- Alsuyuf III A: Standard version, production run from 1988-1996.
- Alsuyuf III B:
- Alsuyuf III C:
- Alsuyuf III Armoured Engineering Vehicle:
- Alsuyuf III Armoured Recovery Vehicle:
- Alsuyuf III SPAAG:
- Alsuyuf III SPG:
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.