One of the most important factors of the Foreign Politics of the Free Lands of the Selkie are their Ambassador Groups. As the Free Lands lack the ressources and manpower to send an ambassadorial mission to every country worth sending an ambassadorial mission to, the Ambassador Groups were established as a reliable way to send ambassadors to where they are needed, when they are needed.
To foster economic ties between the Selkie and the nations they are guests of, the Ambassador Groups are quite often accompanied by businesspeople and representatives, working towards their economic goals together with the Ambassador Groups.
Often seen members of the Business Delegation are:
- Nora Cathlong of the Tribe of Cork or Yvain Saighead of the Tribe of Westmeath, representing Silverport Dockyards Limited.
- Fiona Banphrionsa of the Tribe of Cavan, representing Gabha Blacksmiths Limited.
- Faye Donn of the Tribe of Wexford, representing the Merchant Guild of Leuda.
- Celina Cumann of the Tribe of Waterford, representing the Merchant Guild of Leuda.
- Duncan Iarnród of the Tribe of Louth, representing Ironcastle Ironworks Limited.
- Nolwenn Gluaisrothar of the Tribe of Wexford, representing Gabha Motorworks Limited.
In a very few instances, the SDF sends a delegation along, or, if they are invited to observe foreign military excercises, an SDF-Delegation goes by their lonesome.
Known members of the SDF-Delegation are:
- Vice-Admiral Ava Cumann of the Tribe of Waterford, SDF-Navy.
- Lieutenant General Finn Nióchan of the Tribe of Cork, SDF-Army.
List of Ambassador Groups
Ambassador Group 1
Ambassador Group 2
Ambassador Group 3
Ambassador Group 4
Ambassador Group 5
Ambassador Group 6
- Donald Críonna of the Tribe of Louth, the "Silver/Old Fox", retired 2018.
- Neil Adhmad of the Tribe of Laois, retired in 2019.
- Ayden Tine of the Tribe of Wicklow, became Ambassador of the Free Lands of the Selkie at the Citadel on the Mountain in 2019.
- Caja Glór of the Tribe of Laois, nickname Aingeal, refocused on her art in 2019.
Permanent Representations or Embassies
Due to concerns in budget and manpower, the Free Lands only have few embassies in foreign countries, limited to close friends and partners, or at least aiming to.
Current embassies of the Free Lands in foreign countries are:
- In The Phönixreich of Arendelle und Wesselton und Sud-Inseln: Kaiserinstraße n° 3, Frostburg, 4 people, including Ambassador Celina Taidhleoir of the Tribe of Westmeath, since 14th of June, 2017.
- In the United Island States of AHSCA: Embassy Isle, 3 people, including Ambassador Amy Seasta of the Tribe of Monaghan and Master Bleachtaire, since 11th of Octobre 2017.
- In the Confederation of the New Visayan Islands: Lot 23, Vienna Street, 5 people, including Ambassador Damian Diallait of the Tribe of Wicklow, since 5th of Decembre 2017.