During the Yard Crisis, Cuan was hit especially hard, the river-yards struggling hard and the youth rebelling. This came to a head in 1975, when the 5th Regiment of Uhlans, today's 5th Dragan-Regiment, was called to bring Cuan back under control and to squash the protests of the youth. The detachment of the I. Squadron was led by a young officer named Finn Nióchan of the Tribe of Cork, who took position on the Búistéir Street, the protesters on one side, he and his men on the other. He refused the direct order to have fire opened and saved countless lives, risking his own - and received 200 leashes as a punishment for disobedience.
In 2017, around 6,000 people lived in Cuan itself and around 15,000 people with all outlying hamlets and settlements included.
One of the most important detachments of the Cuan Younger Militia are its archers, which are to this day a source of pride for the people of Cuan.
The SDF-Army has a small garrison, of the I., 5th Dragan-Regiment in Cuan.
Cuan has a main railway station, Cuan Main, a rather large harbour for the riverships coming down from the Silver Mountains on one side and the Mór-River on the other, as well as for those vessels coming up from Béal, a small regional airport with facilities for floatplanes and is connected to the Feadhain Road.
- See Main Article: Cluanaire Inn (Cuan).
There are several inns in Cuan, which are of high renown, for any and all price-classes, wishes and pockets. Some of the most famous are:
- The Ropaire Inn is one of the inns with the highest reputation and
- The Ceol Inn, one of the oldest inns in Cuan, is an old and venerable house – very good food, very good beds, nice staff and a spot in the city centre, at the Ceol Square. That comes at a high price.
- The Striapach Inn, one of the most wretched hives of scum and villainy in the Mór-Land, catering to the less reputable, but still decent and legal audience in the City. It is cheap, but don't expect anything too lavish. To many kinds of foreigners, the staff will be professional, but not breaking a leg with friendliness, more likely being a bit gruff. The food's good, though. The Striapach offers ' Additional Services'.
- The Laoch Inn, one of the regular haunts of the local SDF-Garrison, is a good and decent house, with a good band and good brews, as well as good food. The beds aren't too comfortable, though.
- The Ceannaí Inn is the inn, that might as well be a museum, as inn remembers the time of Cuan, where it was not a hub and junction of trade on the Mainland, but the hub and junction on the Mainland. It regularly housed more wealthy merchants on their stays in the City, which shows much in the building itself, lavishly decorated and with only the finest and softest of beds. It is very expensive and has a good, professional staff with exceptional food.
- The Sruth Inn is a small inn down by the river's harbour, usually used by the rivermen, when they need some rest after long days. Decent food, but very good beds, it caters also to the more active tourists, who eat outside.
- The Longchlós Inn is an inn by the facilities of Bád Industries, regular haunt of their workers and more frequent guests. Overall good, it offers its services at decent prices. It is the newest amongst the inns in Cuan with state of the art facilities and is still build of timber.
Scodalaigh - The Stilted Quarter
An important part of Cuan's History and Present as a shipbuilding location is the Scodalaigh, the Stilted Quarter.
EducationCuan has two High Schools, one of them being the Póraitheoir High School,
The Old University
Cuan, in times long since past, had its own little university, which was clsed in 1900 due to a lack of students. The buildings are now known as the Old University, it's campus
Sacred Grove of the Swan
The Sacred Grove of the Swan is a small Sacred Grove by the Imeall, surrounded by trees, a small altar.
When she was still living in Cuan, Kiah Tincéir of the Tribe of Louth was responsible for the sacred grove.
Cuan-Sanctuary of Cailb
The Cult of Cailb has one of its most important sanctuaries in Cuan.