Current Rights, Duties and Philosophical Foundations
Kyrenaia is an absolute monarchy, but not for the sake of absolute rule. Instead, the leadership of a Philosopher as a ruler, one might call it a Philosopher-King or Philosopher-Sultan, creates a just and ordered society. Persuasion is used to keep the state stable, persuasion of a properly and wisely raised youth.
Truth is to be reached for the common man by rhetoric, the counterpart of logic and politics, defined as the faculty of observing in any given case the available means of persuasion, providing the heuristics for understanding, discovering, and developing arguments for any particular situation. This provides the foundation on which the three persuasive audience appeals, logos, pathos and ethos, are built, thus delivering a persuasive argument.
The Philosopher-Sultan is not to shy away from the discourse, quite on the contrary, he should seek the discourse with the people, other rulers and only as the last of all resorts reach for the sword.
Censorship is prohibited, the free exchange of ideas being the cornerstone of the system. Women are allowed to both be educated and to serve in the military, making them equal to men in all aspects, making them worth for two when pregnant.
Although ruling absolute, the Philosopher-Sultan is bound to a code of honour known as Furusiyya, the Kyrenaian code of chivalry (in the widest sense of the word), reason and wisdom. The ruler shall aspire to be, like the royalty beneath him and all of his subjects, intelligent, rational, self-controlled and in love with wisdom.
Inheritance or: What to do, when a Prince marries a Princess?
After the Third Civil War, the Peace Accords specified a number of new laws for the Royalty and exclusively for them, one of them being the Marriage Law: Inheritance and uniting of crowns was to be prohibited by simply making the couple choose one or the other.
- Upon the marriage of Prince Tarek and Tariqa bint-Ilia in 1943, the Princess of Sheliak signed a document, that she denounced all claims to the Crown of the Khanate in the name of Love. She became Ilkhana of Utica a few years later and one of her siblings inherited the Khanate, the line currently standing with Khana Amina bint-Karim.
Much like in the rest of Kyenaian Society, Incest is not something, that is spoken about. It happens and that is accepted, as long as it doesn't lead to issue. Marriage, or turning such a relationship public, is seen as detrimental to the line. In general, one just does not speak about it.
This, however, is only an option for Lower Nobility, Khans and downwards, not for the Ilkhans.
List of important Palaces
- The Five Halls:
- The Palace of the Azure Hall, in Utica, Ilkhanate of Utica.
- The Palace of the Emerald Hall, in Ruspina, Ilkhanate of Fenchu.
- The Palace of the Ruby Hall, in Megido, Ilkhanate of Megido.
- The Palace of the Golden Hall, in Ugarit, Ilkhanate of Sarepta.
- The Palace of the Silver Hall in Sabratha, Ilkhanate of Kyrene.