This list unifies all RKN-vessels, which's name begins of can begin with 'Pattern'.
Destroyers, Torpedo Boats, Gunboats
- Pattern 1 Gunboat (1850-1867).
- Pattern 2 Armoured Gunboat (1865-1900).
- Pattern 3 Coastal Gunboat (1880-1900).
- Pattern 4 Torpedo Boat (1875-1900).
- Pattern 5 Torpedo Gunboat (1887-1909).
- Pattern 6 Torpedo Gunboat (1899-1929).
- Pattern 7 Torpedo Boat (1889-1920).
- Pattern 8 Torpedo Boat (1903-1949).
- Pattern 9 Destroyer (1904-1930).
- Pattern 10 Destroyer (1909-1930).
- Pattern 12 Destroyer (1910-1930).
- Pattern 14 Destroyer (1912-1936).
- Pattern 15 Destroyer (1916-1940).
- The Town-class Destroyers, originally planned as Pattern 16 Destroyers, were the first class of Destroyers to be given names.
Corvettes and Frigates and equivalents
- Pattern A Frigate (1799-1839) - Jaras Type.
- Pattern B Corvette (1798-1843) - Bagala Type.
- Pattern C Frigate (1830-1869) - sailing ship
- Pattern D Corvette (1838-1875) - sailing ship
- Pattern E Frigate (1860-1899) - sailing ship
- Pattern F Screw Corvette (1870-1901).
- Pattern E Propeller Corvette (1870-1900).
- Pattern F Ironclad Frigate (1873-1889).
- Pattern G Turbine Corvette (1886-1918).
- Pattern H Turbine Frigate (1900-1930).
- Pattern I Corvette (1915-1938).
- Pattern J Frigate (1918-1943).
Shift in Definitions: While before 1925, the Corvette and the Frigate were two types of vessels designed for patrol and dispatch running, basically being Anti-Gunboats with the secondary function of ASW and AA, there was a shift in 1925, under the impressions of the newest technologies of submarines and aircraft, and practical demonstrations of their prowess. The Frigate became an AA-vessel, the Corvette an ASW-Platform.
- Almustawtan-class Frigate (1938-1965) - Pattern A Frigate (1938-1965).
- Zahra-class Corvette (1936-1952) - Pattern Z Corvette.
- Damir-class Corvette (1948-1966) - Pattern D Corvette.
- Pattern K Corvette (1960-1999).
- Pattern L Corvette (1963-2013).
- Pattern M Frigate (also classified as a Light Destroyer).
- Pattern N Frigate.
- Pattern O Corvette.
- Pattern P Corvette.
- Pattern Q Helicopter Corvette.
- Pattern R Corvette.
- Pattern S Corvette.
Littoral Operations Vessels are basically modern gunboats and ships sent to Foreign Stations.