Naval Station Launceston (NS Launceston) is one of the SDF-Navy's most important and northernmost stations, responsible for the Icy Shore and the Northern Islands. The Naval Station is Co-Used by the SDF-Army and a number of their units.
With the rededication of Naval Station Rua to the Northern Islands Constabulary, Launceston became even more important as the Northernmost SDF-Navy Station. While that status was changed when the 22nd Fast Gunboat Squadron was repositioned to Rua in Octobre 2018, Launceston remained the most important Naval Station in the north, mainly due to the Naval Yard.
With the reformation of the SDF-Navy, a number of units were dissolved, Launceston receiving the 3rd Corvette Squadron, which was soon dissolved as well, the vessels being transferred to the Rímharú-Group stationed in Wembury.
Units stationed at NS Launceston
- 4th Patrol Gunboat Squadron.
- 21st Fast Gunboat Squadron.
- IV. Squadron, Regiment of SDF-Navy Troopers.
- 4th Mining Squadron.
- Naval Yard Launceston (ships constructed there include SDFS Imeall).
- Naval Aviation Command:
- 2nd Naval Air Squadron (9 SDY-Sciathan 18 Stuama Mark II Light Multirole Fighters).
- 3rd Naval Air Squadron (24 Foiche Mark I Unmanned Combat Aerial Vehicles).
- III./14th Naval Air Squadron (3 SDY-Greadtóir 19 Cuaifeach Utility Helicopters).
- 18th Naval Air Squadron (6 SDY-Sciathan 22 Fairtheoir Carrier Support Aircraft).