This page is a catalogue of useful pages an RPer might need for everyday and not-so-everyday life. Many of these links are highly specialized, others are more open in their topics, while others are so vast in the topics they treat, that they might also be useful in other fields then RPing.
Generally, Wikipedia is a good start for any inquiry.
JSTOR is a site for journal articles, primary sources and other scientific papers. Not only useful for RPing.
From the NS-Forums
- Character Creation 101. Because we all need a few pointers sometimes.
- Basic Primer to Naval Warfare.
- Guide to RPing a Foreign Policy.
- Roleplaying War.
- Characters and Foreign Policy.
- OOC-Ethics of being an IC-Superpower. Because we all sometimes need a little reminder, that its not the number aircraft carriers, which make a superpower in our game.
- How to OP your thread effectively.
- The NS Player’s Guide to International Maritime Law.
From the Net
- Wonders and Marvels. For the gazillion things, which might be interesting but are definately fun reads.
- Clan Tartan Manual. For all the 16th/17th century needs.
- Classical Fencing. If you want to give your fencers extra style.
- Costs of Living in London in the 1700s.
- Same as above, only 18th century.
- Encyclopaedia Britannica. For every time you need something with more punch then Wikipedia.
- Omniglot. Because my hovercraft is full of eel.
- Dictionary of terms of Vienna-German into German.
- Dict.cc English to German Dictionary. Might be useful when combined with the above.