The Sinope 2018 Harbour Festival was a festival held in Sinope, Ilkhanate of Megido, Kyrenaia on the 23rd of Decembre 2018. As usual for the Sinope Harbour Festival, the main focus was on the tall and sailing ships, with only them being invited internationally, an invitation, which was followed by many vessels from abroad.
Marcella and Aurelia
Aurelia, having told Marcella about the Harbour Festival, was overjoyed to learn, that her beloved would brave the seas to seas to attend and was even more overjoyed to learn, that she would be participating in the parade. Her joy was a little stifled as she learned, that her Grandmother wanted to speak both of them before the parade.
Captain von Mücke's Reconnaissance Mission
SMS Pommern, from the Polish-Prussian Commonwealth, attended the festivities as well and brought with them Captain Frederick von Mücke, who was sent on a reconnaissance mission to get a feeling for the country before the establishment of formal diplomatic relations. To that end, a meeting with Kyrenaian dignitaries was arranged.
Spinning a Tale from the Skies
After their Meeting with Aurelia and Duchess Marcella, Emperor Peter and his group were asked to join Crown Prince Ilia for a cuppa tea aboard the Sayarfur, the Crown-Prince's Aide-de-Camp, Rasha Qadir, escorting them to the vessel at anchor. Their walk their was silent, Emperor Peter later commenting to the Crown Prince, that Qadir came of as frigid, which he did not expect a person from such a hot place to be.
The conversation over tea quickly evolved into swapping old aviator stories, after a small misunderstanding involving Khuta Siad Altuyur or Operation Bird Hunter and its adaptation by Damir Waraqa, The War that never was.
- 10:00 - Official opening of the Sinope Harbour Festival by Mayor Atif Eumda at the Grand Basin.
- 10:30 - Harbour Race of the Harbour Runners in the Grand Basin (projected end 11:30).
- 12:00 - Beginning of the Tall Ship Parade in the Grand Basin. The Sultana will take the Salute from the vessel Harira and will not hold a speech.
- 14:00 - Projected end of the Tall Ship Parade.
- 14:30 - Beginning of the Axerider's Contest for the Sailors' Trophy at the Merchant Navy Academy Training Field. Projected end: 17:00, plus awards ceremony 17:30.
- 15:00 - Concert of Halu (projected end at 16:00, plus encores 16:30) at the Sanie Alsilah (on tourist maps the Gunsmith's Court).
- 17:00 - Concert of Almak (projected end at 18:00, plus encores 18:30) at the Sanie Alsilah (on tourist maps the Gunsmith's Court).
- 18:45 - Concert of the Durra'ah Boys' Academy Big Band (projected end at 19:30, no encores) at the Sanie Alsilah (on tourist maps the Gunsmith's Court).
- 19:30 - Beginning of the Fireworks Show over the Grand Basin.
- 20:00 - Reenactment of the Attack on Sinope in 1768. Place: Grand Basin. Projected End: 22:00.
- 22:30 - Opening of the tabs.
- 24:00/0:00 - Official End of the festivities.
Involved Characters - Kyrenaians
- Razia-Sultana Umm Albilad.
- Crown Prince Ilia ibn-Razia.
- Princess Aurelia bint-Damir.
- Dardan, Ilkhan of Megido.
- Aynur, Ilkhana of Megido.
- Princess Fara bint-Dardan.
- Princess Fadia bint-Dardan.
- Prince Okan ibn-Dardan.
- Laila Mithal.
- Tariqa bint-Ilia.