The Spiorad Ainmhithe, freely translated Animal Spirit, are a small group amongst the population of the Free Lands of the Selkie, mostly concentrated in the Great Woods Area. Due to their age, they are revered amongst the Selkie. Their 'leader' is a woman named Branwen Chwilfrydig.
- For their legends and myths, see Main Article: Paganism of the Spiorad Ainmhithe.
The History of the Spiorad Ainmhithe is closely tied to the history of the Tribe of Tralee.
They have the custom to call those, who are not Spiorad or younger then them by terms like cub or gafach (kitten), which is analogous to the Selkie-custom of calling children searrach (foal).
BiologyIt has been confirmed, that they can be many, many centuries old, but are far from undying - they can be killed just as easily as any human.
Science has a hard time differing between a normal human and a Spiorad except for the ears or other attachments as Spiorad are, functionally, similar to humans.
While the Spiorad Ainmhithe can enjoy the pleasures of the flesh, and in fact do, their reproductive processes are a bit different from those of humans.
- Macha Taise, of Cork Descent, herbalist and model.
- Ava Shabh, fighter pilot with the Armies of the Five Deserts.
- Caoimhe Barriall of the Tribe of Monaghan.
- Branwen Blaidd, of Tralee Descent.
- Elin Blaidd, of Tralee Descent.
- Llwyd Blaidd, of Tralee Descent and Meave Blaidd, of Tralee Descent (married into the family).
- Branwen Chwilfrydig.
- Nia Sneachtúil, of Cefnffordd Descent.
- Gawain Folaíochta, of Wicklow's Tribe.
- Ceridwen Golau, of Tralee Descent.
- Olwyn Gwynteira, one of the very few Spiorad Ainmhithe living in Teressien.
- Tsubaki, an Inn-Owner in the United Island State of AHSCA.