Since the Military Coup in 2003, the country is ruled by Generalfeldmarschall Tjark Boddn and his military dictatorship. While supported by Auwalt, Teressien and Dousatel, at least politically, the country is isolated on Eisland as it defines itself in stark opposition to the left-wing political systems of Dieschlien and Zeckelien.
- 1 History
- 1.1 Prehistory
- 1.2 The Kingdoms of Ice (199-1066)
- 1.3 Pittenmark between the Fronts (1066-1502)
- 1.4 Partition of Eisland (1502-1603)
- 1.5 Unification under Auwaltian Banner
- 1.6 Breaking Off (1759-1801)
- 1.7 19th Century
- 1.8 Auwaltian Immigration (1900-1940)
- 1.9 The Great War (1940-?)
- 1.10 The Republic (19??-1990)
- 1.11 Instability (1990-2003)
- 1.12 Military Coup in 2003
- 1.13 Since the Coup (2003-)
- 2 Geography
- 3 Politics
- 4 Economy
- 5 Demographics
- 6 Culture
The Kingdoms of Ice (199-1066)
Pittenmark between the Fronts (1066-1502)
Partition of Eisland (1502-1603)
Unification under Auwaltian Banner
Unification War (1603-1659)
Unified Nationhood (1659-1709)
Splitting up (1709-1720)
The Treasure Chest of Aranna (1720-1759)
Breaking Off (1759-1801)
Auwaltian Immigration (1900-1940)
The Great War (1940-?)
The Republic (19??-1990)
Military Coup in 2003
Since the Coup (2003-)
- See also: List of Cities in Pittenmark.
The country is dominated by boreal forests and flat prairies in the south. Due to the climate, the population centers are in the south of the country as well.
Due to its close proximity to the arctic circle, the circle running through a good part of the country, the climate is generally characterized as cold and colder. The inner parts of the country experience harsh, cold winters of a continental climate, winter average lows being around -20 degrees celsius in some places. Snow falls and covers the ground in some areas year-around.
Coastal regions, on the other hand, can have milder, more temperate climates, with mild and rainy winters.
While much of the ground is permafrost, ice or both, climate change is threatening that and the country itself.
Pittenmark is geologically very active and has, not only in the Eisberge in the center of the Eisland, several dozen active volcanoes. A number of these are subglacial volcanoes, while the majority are simple fissure vents. The Spaltenfeld is especially active.
The country is ruled by the Provisional Military Government under the leadership of Generalfeldmarschall Tjark Boddn. Although naming itself provisional, the military government is by now a fixed installation,
Law and Law Enforcement
The Military Dictatorship
Pittenmark, despite officially calling itself a Republic, is a bona fide military dictatorship. It is under the authoritarian military rule of Generalfeldmarschall Tjark Boddn, supported by the military, which also entire political power.
A political opposition does exist, though it is heavily regulated by law and by the Military Police. The Government of the Pittenmark has often been accussed of political murders, but no evidence could ever be found.
While media repression does exist, it is less of an open suppression and more of a covert usage of media to get the own message across subliminally.
The Government of the Pittenmark legitimizes its rule by the 'threat' to the Pittenmark by the political left, especially in the form of Zeckelien. This resulted in an ideology of overwhelming patriotism, militarism (though aligned to a defensive standpoint) and anti-left. The Provisional Military Government has promised to step down once the threat to the nation has been dealt with.
Armed Forces of Pittenmark
- Republican Army of Pittenmark: Main force, receives conscripts, 250,000 active soldiers, 400,000 reserve soldiers
- Republican Army Aviation Service of Pittenmark: Air Force, mostly geared towards CAS, ca. 600 aircraft (including drones)
- Armoured Corps of the Republican Army of Pittenmark: Pride and Joy, not only tanks but also armoured engineers, mechanized infantry, etc.
- Paratrooper Corps of the Republican Army of Pittenmark: paratroopers and air cavalry
- Army Engineer Corps of Pittenmark:
- Republican Navy of Pittenmark: Small, relatively capable brown-water Navy, 20,000 officers and men (+15,000 reserves, mostly Naval Infantry), 25 ships, 120 boats of varying sizes (mostly missile boats), 3 bases
- Republican Naval Infantry of Pittenmark: Sentries and guards of naval installations, only limited amphibious capability
- Republican Naval Air Service of Pittenmark: 60 aircraft, mostly maritime patrol and transport aircraft, 20 strike aircraft
- Structure of the Republican Navy of Pittenmark
- Republican Joint Services of Pittenmark: 40,000 officers and men, responsible for logistics, military police, CRBN-Defense, medical support, military postal service, protocol service and many more
- Republican Cybersecurity Forces of Pittenmark: 15,000 officers and men
- Republican Guard of Pittenmark: 150,000 overglorified militiamen
- 750,000 soldiers (275,000 active, 475,000 reserves), plus 150,000 national guard
- mandatory military service (1 year), conscientious objection possible (civilian service for 2 years)
The primary sector, with its mining, forestry and agriculture, are important economic factors, even if the country does not have the majority of its workforce or economic output in these sectors.
Thanks to volcanic ashes and milder climates, the southern prairies are home to agricultural businesses. However, despite being self-sufficient when it comes to wheat, the country still depends on agricultural imports, especially meat. Otherwise grown are raspberries, potatoes and other cold-resistant crops. Juniper and rowan trees are grown in tree farms.
The Pittenmark allows whaling, though only by state-run fisheries companies and under strict provisions.
Pittenmark is a producer and exporteur of platinum, nickel, copper, titanium, potash, niobium, molybdenum, sulfur, cobalt, zinc, gypsum, graphite, salts, uranium, lumber, basalt, andesite, obsidian and tuff.
- automobiles and aeronautics
- Ärberer Flugwerften: aircraft
- Kuttlerer Motorenwerke: Automobiles and engines
- stainless steel
- arms industry and exports
- Panzerschmieden Schwarzstahl: Armoured Vehicles of all types.
- 27 million people